Table of Contents
STAA by the Numbers
STAA’s interdisciplinary STEM experience presents Congress with timely and appropriate evaluation of advanced science & engineering (S&T) problems. Given that the team’s founding in 2019 it has…
- Issued 46 foresight-oriented assessments and shorter-sort explainers on S&T problems
- Testified 10 instances on S&T troubles and furnished S&T guidance for 25 other GAO S&T-associated testimonies
- Issued 28 audit experiences with 147 tips, 36 of which businesses have executed
- Furnished engineering sciences perception for 78 GAO reports
- Worked with 23 Congressional committees
- Leveraged skills of 280 top gurus in 19 of our technological innovation assessments
- Collaborated on 2 jointly-issued experiences with the National Academy of Medicine, with an additional in development
- Spoke at far more than 420 external gatherings
- Grew workers from 49 men and women in fiscal 12 months 2019 to 129 men and women in July 2022
- Staff collectively keep 100 state-of-the-art STEM-relevant degrees, such as 32 PhDs as of July 2022.
STAA Vital Milestones
- Pre-2019: GAO issued technological innovation assessments for practically two decades.
- 2019: STAA proven and commenced to expand. First joint report issued with the Nationwide Academy of Drugs. Initially STAA testimony on S&T issues. Innovation Lab established.
- 2020: To start with Polaris Council once-a-year conference. To start with joint S&T report with an additional GAO workforce. Innovation Lab staffed.
- 2021: Artificial Intelligence Accountability Framework issued. Staff reaches 116 staff members.
- 2022: Incorrect Payment Integrity Simulator deployed. Staff expects to arrive at 149 staff members by September 2022.
- 2023: Keep on collaboration with the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development to aid technologies assessment. Workforce expects to attain 165 team.
Hunting to fiscal 12 months 2023, we will focus on a quantity of S&T difficulties that will effects our nation. Forthcoming perform incorporates rising infectious health conditions artificial intelligence programs dietary science and equity energy, ecosystem, and transportation U.S. production and offer chain countrywide exploration policy, protection, and evaluations and national and homeland security S&T abilities.
We will also carry on to offer revolutionary methods to more successfully and successfully connect with Congress and the federal S&T group through just-in-time technological consultations and externally concentrated writing or talking functions.