Method OFFICER – ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT at the California Council on Science and Engineering (CCST) Sacramento, CA
How to Use
Make sure you submit a address letter and resume by means of our application portal. The cover letter should demonstrate your fascination in the posture and your applicable techniques and expertise.
We are a nonpartisan team offering independent science and engineering tips to policymakers so they can make far more fiscally-audio and science-centered legal guidelines that boost the life of all Californians– in particular individuals who are underserved and underrepresented. We translate and converse coverage-relevant science via our professional briefings, workshops, and peer reviewed reports. We also convey researchers and engineers for a yr of governing administration assistance and management education as a result of our fellowship method and spot them at the Capitol to function together with lawmakers.
Our team is collaborative and inclusive. We believe more minds, with distinct views and lived ordeals, direct to greater impression. We are entrepreneurial and pursue possibilities that meet up with the best requires. Agile, versatile, and responsive, we thrive in the rapidly shifting landscape in which we run. We have a advancement mentality and are continuously strengthening our solution. We care about just about every other as individuals.
Place OVERVIEW Plan OFFICER – ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT
Each 12 months CCST recruits and trains 10-15 PhD researchers for a yr of govt services and leadership education in the California Legislature or Govt Department. Just after the completion of their Fellowship the majority of Fellows remain working in the coverage globe. The CCST Science and Technology Plan Fellows (Science Fellows) Alumni community features over 100 alumni and carries on to improve each and every 12 months. The network is supported by the Alumni Steering Committee – a volunteer group who is effective to maintain alumni connected and provide opportunities for networking, experienced development, and job improvement. As the network continues to mature, it is essential for CCST to develop thoughtful courses, services, and communications that make sure that all alumni (present-day and long run) truly feel a authentic perception of belonging.
This posture stories to the Deputy Director and less than their path performs intently with the S&T Plan Fellows Program Manager and alumni as well as the CCST Science Providers team, and other CCST stakeholders.
- Fosters improved communication amongst CCST, the Alumni network and the Alumni Steering Committee to assistance improve interactions.
- Coordinates the quarterly alumni newsletter with the Alumni Steering Committee.
- Drafts updates to alumni on ongoing CCST get the job done together with the fellowship, Science Companies, DEI progress, and other CCST engagements and courses.
- Types processes and generates new chances for the convenient exchange of info and advice amongst science coverage peers.
- Executes logistics for monthly Alumni Steering Committee meetings.
- Plans, coordinates, and attends activities, conferences, or other routines talked over by the Alumni Steering Committee this sort of as receptions, reunions, and qualified progress seminars.
- Considers and develops new options to interact alumni and identifies, cultivates, and stewards alumni volunteers for these opportunities.
- Collaborates with ideal CCST staff members to engage alumni via various channels.
- Schedules recurring alumni Pleased Hours.
- Produces and supports prospects to further inclusive practices to interact a extra assorted representation of alumni.
- Supplies chances for networking, engagement, and mentoring between alumni and S&T Policy Fellows from typically underrepresented and underserved backgrounds.
- Assures alumni participation in routines that replicate the entire diversity of the alumni group.
- Participates in quarterly CCST DEI Committee meetings and coordinates needed comply with-ups with the alumni agent to the DEI Committee.
- Programs continuing training that equips alumni to be educated adjust brokers within just their particular spheres of influence.
- Develops significant volunteer prospects, programming, and initiatives that join alumni close to challenges of DEI.
15% Fellowship Plan Aid
- Performing carefully with the Fellowship Software Manager, integrates new strategies from alumni into the November boot camp, ongoing Friday seminars, and other facets of the fellowship method.
- Identifies and coordinates with alumni for coaching panels in the course of the November boot camp.
- Gives aid to alumni who are establishing new instruction suggestions for the Fellows.
- Coordinates the alumni mentorship application.
- Qualified prospects endeavours to engage alumni and present-day Fellows in the semi-final and last interviews for the fellowship system.
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in education, alumni engagement, romantic relationship administration or similar areas.
- 1-3 several years of relevant working experience in alumni relations, fundraising, event management or very similar field.
- Need to have a doing the job know-how of variety, fairness and inclusion ideas and concerns. Sturdy guidance for the sense of belonging and achievements of all those from historically underserved populations.
- Perfectly-structured, with robust initiative and fantastic interaction expertise.
- Adaptability and willingness to jump in in which needed to assistance team aims.
- Means to perform both independently and collaboratively.
Sought after Qualifications
- Shown capacity to train and encourage volunteers.
- Practical experience with underrepresented teams and/or group-based organizations and with challenges associated to range.
$50,000 – $75,000
- Competitive salary
- 403b retirement plan (matching money immediately after one year of employment)
- Health care, dental, and eyesight insurance policies possibilities
- Currently our business follows a hybrid do the job timetable
- Help develop the potential and do meaningful operate every single day that motivates you!
Applications will be accepted until the place is crammed.
The California Council on Science and Engineering is an equivalent chance employer. We make employing conclusions based mostly on qualifications, advantage, and our organization’s business demands. We do not discriminate centered on race, colour, faith, intercourse, age, nationwide origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, actual physical or psychological disability, veteran position, pregnancy, or any these kinds of standing protected beneath federal, state, or area law.